Thursday, February 18, 2016

strange memories...

no one may understand why i have talked about my life and family lately on this blog,but honestly i really needed a total break from NFL football,because last season was such a strain on me that if i did talk about any more NFL football at that time,you would have seen yours truly run down the street in his birthday suit,with sneakers on,and with doctors chasing me with a straitjacket in tow... i am only half joking about that,folks... in the years of 1976 to 1990,i was suicidal,schizophrenic,neurotic,and honestly,was hearing voices,at various times... in a study done years ago,the odds of totally recovering from something like what i went through is about 20-1,or only 5% recover without some kind of medication,and i beat the odds,because i refused to give in to the voices,and honestly,my marathon running and training really started because one day,i said to my physical education teacher that i was going to run three miles that day,and i did five miles,then ran home from school,that day... no one could have stopped me that day,and i ran mileage almost every day,after that day,for years,and i ran a twenty miler (a fund raiser-came in fourth,in distance)only two weeks after starting running that first day... i was driven to get well,in many ways,by turning my energy into something constructive... it took years to drive the inner demons from my being,and i honestly think back on that time,and realize that i was (putting fingers close together)that close to be in a mental hospital... i only stopped running honestly because i injured my left patella severely by breaking it in two pieces,when i fell on my left knee like a tree(TIMBER!!!)... i still walked five miles on it,that Easter Sunday,to meet my father... tough guy,i was!!!! when i am on my knees,it still hurts almost to the point that i cry,and i need help up onto my feet... honestly,if i can find something to protect my left patella,i would start running,tomorrow,because i simply loved doing it,period... like i have said earlier,my life has been very,very interesting,to say the least,folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment