Friday, February 26, 2016

to my dearly departed UNC...

i have been thinking about my uncle Bob(UNC)... this month has been horrible in so many ways that i can not tell,or express myself about this month... i am listening to smooth jazz(channel 66-Watercolors)... my uncle Bob(UNC)loved smooth jazz,and would walk around the house listening to it,on a headset(Sony WALKMAN cassette player),and he would listen to it in his car going to work... he was a real character,and he would pull pranks on yours truly,like the time that he got dressed up to the nines to go to work,and then as he walked out of his bedroom,he had his pants unzipped,and have everything else showing,if you know what i mean... he would love to see my reaction,and i always made his day,in laughing... i really miss the times that we played penny ante poker,with quarters,nickels,and dimes... the very last time that we played up in Washington State,he won over twenty dollars off me,and fourteen dollars of that amount came on the last hand that we played,because we had a rule that the last hand of the night was unlimited betting... if you had a good hand,you could bet any amount,i did,and i lost my shirt,that night... he beat me with a full house,i believe... we were so much alike that it was scary... we both understood each other so well... we were both the "black sheep" of the family,because we both had been through some of the same things in our lives,and we both survived our own personal hells... in fact,he gave me his highest compliment in telling yours truly that i was a survivor,and i knew exactly what he meant by saying that... he died way too soon,basically did not take care of himself,but he lived his own life,and if you did were to ask him now,i bet that he would not change too much... my heart really still aches when i think about him,because he was a sweetheart of a person... to one "black sheep" to another,i tip my hat deeply,and mournfully to him,and i know that i will miss him until the day that i die,and then i see him in Heaven,again...

No comments:

Post a Comment