Wednesday, October 24, 2012

me...

this is about me:my life has been very tough at times,being handicapped within first two months of being born,because of a car accident... going to school,already knowing how to read,by age four,thanks to my oddball(not at the time)sister... not able to walk without braces on legs,for a while... having four major operations,by age ten... having a body cast,and literally walking in it one time to use the bathroom(what a story!!!)... having trouble speaking,with a speech impediment,still hard... my family was there every step of the way,and being a Life Scout for eight years,falling to a count every summer(was,and am a klutz still),at Scout Camp... in last two years,of high school,ran 10-15 miles a day,ran four marathons,and ran with the Olympic Torch,in 1984,lighting hair on fire,at same time(human torch,oh my!!)... i was depressed,for a decade,and then homeless for another,and traveled across the country,too many times to count(i admit,it was my choice),but it toughened me up no end... motto i lived by,and still do,was,"do not take any manure from anyone,period"...i am a tough person,because i did not live hard,but my family(mother,father,brother,and other members) refused,simply refused to really coddle me in so many ways than i can not tell anybody,even though i was naive,also,in so many ways... fell in love only once,and she taught me so many things that i can not count,but we both had difficult times,in the years that we were together,more than you will ever know,or even want to know... i miss her to this day... when she died,a piece of me died... my other rock died in early 2008,my dearly departed mother... she taught me things like true compassion,and love,loving music,and taught me to appreciate people,and precious things... she is still with me as i type,because i have her gift of writing... my father is the rock of the family,and toughest person that i will ever know... a crackerjack sense of humor,and a heart that is too precious,and special to even go into detail... my "other" mother(married him too many years to count ago,and how she puts up with him is the biggest mystery,in family history(laughing)is the real heart of the family... a real tough person,but with a heart that is a pure diamond,if you really want to know... my brother is just like my father,in so many ways that it is eerie,but like me,is a real chip of the old block(a little more block,than chip(laughing)... one of the nicest people you will ever meet,but like all of us,will stick up for each of us,like our entire family... a real close knit rock hard family,with a precious heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment