Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Robert James Shaw,and me....

at this peculiar moment,i am listening to country music... right now,Shania Twain,by the way... i want to talk about someone who i really do not talk about too much... my dear uncle Bob,who died fifteen years ago,i believe,this week:UNC,always to my family... who gave him that nickname? yours truly... to me,he was UNC(capital letters,always)... he was the "black sheep" of the family,like me,but he was dearly loved,and a real character... he and i went to see Muhammad Ali beat George Foreman,closed circuit,and we enjoyed the fight... we were roommates twice in our lifetimes:first time did not end too well,because i was a total moron,and really treated him like dirt,and i have to admit that i deserved what he gave me:a boot out the door... the second time i learned my tough lesson from the time before... one time,he came home from work really pissed,full of piss and vinegar,and ready for a fight... well,i refused to argue with him,and told him that i was going into my room and read some Tom Clancy... well,about two hours later,he knocked,walked in,and told me that he was very proud of me,and that i had grown up... well,he was a superior cribbage player that actually told me that he could not find a game in the state of Washington,one time... he was a free spirit,loved his life,and did things that were very unusual... two things that i want to mention about him:he would save nickels,dimes,and quarters,and then challenge me to a penny ante poker game... one time,i won fourteen dollars,and then the next time we played,he beat the snot out of me,winning about twenty dollars,all in nickels,dimes,and quarters... the last time i saw him,before he died,he and i sat down and played cribbage... we played six games,all of them went down to the last point of the game... i lost five of the six games,but the amount of total points i lost by were an amazing twenty one... i have never played better,and UNC actually had to break a sweat,to beat me,and his game were his best in his life... i deeply miss those games,and i miss him every day,and every time i play cribbage,i feel him right there in the game... NO DOUBT,UNC!!!!!!!!!! 15 for two!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment