Saturday, January 25, 2014

to my memories of my grandfather...

i was reminded by my family that today was my grandfather Ray's birthday(Walter Raymond Shaw,Sr.)... he died in 1966 from complications of a stroke... this is difficult to put words into my mouth... i do not remember much of him... i do remember one thing that he said,but the exact words escape me at this time,but it was something like he loved me,or he was proud of me... one of the reasons that it has escaped me is that our family is not real good in expressing our feelings,as a family,but i am very,very honored to have his middle name as my middle name... someone in the family said to me one time that i had some of his mannerisms,and if that is true,i am very lucky to really know that... i really wish that he would have lived longer,so that i could have known him more than just memories... to my dearly departed grandfather,i tip my hat,for showing the family true class

No comments:

Post a Comment