Tuesday, June 9, 2015

music in my life...

there are various times that i listen to various kinds of music,thanks to my dear departed mother,who honestly,taught me to really appreciate "the finest things in life"... she was never a snob,but oddly she took me to the symphony,ballet,and a Broadway play,or two... never on Broadway,but she always showed me how to really appreciate things,like all kinds of music,like jazz,blues,big band,classic rock,classic country,and some very good classical music... i absorbed it all in ways that i have one of the best music collections in the entire state of California,and right now,i am listening to some great jazz on my satellite radio,as i am writing this... she played some great music on her piano,as i was growing up,and taught me to really appreciate all kinds of music... one collection of music that i had growing up was the nine symphonies of Beethoven,and listened to it before i was eighteen years old,and also listened to every Beatles' album before i was twelve,thanks to a babysitter,who owned every album on vinyl... over the last fifty years,i have appreciated music that honestly some people simply forgot... two of the best classes that i ever took,in college,were classes on music history,and another class on art history... people in those classes would fall asleep,but i would try very hard to stay awake,especially in art history,where my teacher simply had a monotone voice,while teaching the class,and sounded like he was on Nyquil,and NoDoz at the same time,which was sleep-inducing,for many students... oh,was he??? i took both classes to really learn,and that was because of my dear departed mother,who honestly,taught me how to appreciate music and art,when that honestly it may not have been the real chic thing to do,at my age,at that time in my life... however,i appreciated that in my mother,and simply in life,in more ways than i can ever say,or really realize...

No comments:

Post a Comment