Saturday, June 6, 2015

story "on the road",part two...

there is a second part to the story of the Fillmore County deputy sheriff taking me to the Utah/Nevada border... well,after getting dropped off,i got lunch,and stayed at the border on a very hot dusty day,for over six hours... after getting passed by many motorists,this fellow passed me at the border,going to Ely,Nevada,went ten miles past me,and then doubled back to the border to pick me up,and then went back to Ely,with me in tow... well,he got me a hotel room,and said to me,"i am leaving for Reno,at four am... be ready to go"... well i got about three hours of real sleep,and laid down in bed,watching television,and got up shortly before four am... we stopped in Austin,Nevada,for a snack,about five fifteen am,and drove to Reno about four pm,that day... he was going to a convention in Reno,and was from Leesburg,Florida... it is strange that i remember so much of that three day period,even twenty years later... what a memory,folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment