Tuesday, November 11, 2014

plans for me...

the pictures on my bedroom wall of me running my first marathon are thirty five years old,tomorrow(November 12,1979),and i was eight minutes late for the start of the race... i ran the first ten miles that day,in 1:04(not including the eight minutes late),trying to catch up to the field... my dear departed mother took the pictures,and i finished in 5:30,lost six pounds that day,and,like every marathon runner,swore that i would NEVER do it again,but that was not true... i ran with the Olympic Torch,in 1984,outside Reno,and then vomited on the bus... funny thing is that i also lit my hair on fire,with the Torch... tomorrow is a special day in my memory,so tomorrow,i will start running(very slow,and not far,at first),because it is time that i start getting in shape(of course,slow and easy)... i am not twenty years old any longer,but i am very tired of being out of condition... besides running(more like jogging,at first),i will do some exercises that help tone my body up and keep me active... i plan on losing some weight,and that is a very good thing,period... my next marathon will be run when i am in condition to do that,not UNTIL THEN,and will be dedicated to those people whom i love,and those who have passed away...

No comments:

Post a Comment